In general, test/certification units for all horizontal station cabling shall be capable of performing certification tests on UTP Category 6 cable and produce test results in hard copy and/or disk format. Test Reports shall include the following information for each cabling element tested:
- Actual measured and maximum allowable attenuation (loss) at the category ratings.
- An individual test that fails should be marked as FAIL. Those that pass this criteria should indicate a PASS rating.
- Actual length and maximum allowable length. Any individual test that fails the length criteria shall be marked as FAIL.
- Test should indicate tester manufacturer, model, serial number, and software version.
- Circuit ID number and project/job name.
- Link criteria (Auto Test) used.
The basic 6 test will include:
- Wire Map
- Insertion Loss
- Near End Crosstalk (NEXT)
- Return Loss
- Equal Level Far End Crosstalk (ELFLEX)
- Propagation Delay
- Delay Skew
The tester will meet or exceed the performance standards set by ANSI/TIA/EIA-568-B.2-1.
For any questions please contact your assigned project manager.