Design and build of campus wide wireless network for world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm. CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #259 in 2016. It has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for five years in a row.
CBRE is updating their properties by creating a more tenant friendly environment by offering technology amenities for their users. This initiative includes wireless connectivity in the common areas such as gyms and restaurants, as well as outside in courtyards and nature trails. This allows tenants and guests to connect freely to CBRE provided wireless throughout the building and campus.
- Outside design conditions and user bandwidth
- Range requested for connectivity
- User permissions and accessibility for tenants and guests
- “Hands off” approach to managing system
ASD® performed an onsite survey to review the site conditions and outdoor connectivity. The survey team determined that the Xirrus XGH12 hardened access point with radios would best be suited for this application. The XR-620 was also applied to the indoor areas of the campus – such as gyms, cafeterias and common areas.
- (5) Outdoor Xirrus XH-2 access points. Heat and humidity, wind and snow, sandy desert conditions and dusty industrial areas – no matter what grueling environmental conditions exist, Xirrus ruggedized dual radio APs deliver reliable Gigabit Wi-Fi connectivity in any atmosphere.
- (3) Indoor XR-620 access points to cover inside user areas. XR-600 access points deliver dual radio performance at an affordable price. Featuring TurboExpress, high-speed 802.11ac operation can be enabled on both radios with the touch of a button – nearly twice the capacity over competitive APs.
- An integrated user management system that allows for seamless maintenance and management with a “hands off approach.” Xirrus XH2 APs include a robust set of tools to manage users, devices, applications, and traffic using the Xirrus Management System (XMS), which can be operated from the cloud or on-premise.
The technology allows CBRE tenants and guests a seamless connection throughout the entire campus area. Upon testing the implementation and bandwidth, users were given 2.4/5GHzh connectivity upwards of 150 yards away from the base building.
- Integration of approximately 14.5 acres of wireless connectivity on multiple campuses throughout Metro Atlanta
- Connectivity from 5 base buildings
- Optimization of Tenant and Guest experience with utilization of wireless capabilities